Thursday, January 6, 2011

Peppermint buttercream icing

I kind of got into making cakes when Clayton turned 1 but only for family and little get togethers. But I hadn't made anything in awhile so when Jason's troop had their Christmas BBQ I thought it would be fun to see if I still had the touch! I stole this recipe for Peppermint Buttercream Icing from my friend Jessica and it turned out pretty yummy if I should say so myself.

Funny story: I was moving little cupcakes into the fridge while I got dressed. I had the cupcakes on a plate that was kind of slippery and as I turned from the counter to the fridge 20 mini cupcakes hit the floor!
My reaction...to also hit the floor in tears :(
Clayton's reaction..."mommy, you dropped ALL the black muffins" yes dear, I did

In the end I fixed my boo boo.

The recipe:
Beat 1 cup softened butter until fluffy, gradually add 2 cups of powdered sugar beating well, Beat in 2 tablespoons of milk and 2 tsp peppermint extract. Gradually beat in an additional 3 cups powdered sugar until smooth, if necessary (it was for me) beat in additional milk a little bit at a time to get the consistency you want

No comments: