Because yesterday was not the best, today Clayton and I have been lazy. We took my mom to the airport after a 2 week visit which was great (the visit not the drop off) but it left me with that same empty hole that we are always left with when family comes and goes or we have to leave home again. I would not trade my life as an Army wife. I am a better person for taking on this life but saying goodbye is a major part of that life and it NEVER gets easier! My mom was the first family, on either side, he has seen in a year and it had been 6 months for me. We now start the count down to May when my mom comes back and hopefully Jason’s mom and step dad come out to see the arrival of baby Charlotte. Technically since her due date is May 2 that is only 4 months right? We can do 4 months…easy peasy!
Clayton and his friends (a pillow pet, 2 babies, reindeer blanket) sadly conned their way in between Jason and I last night. After a 2 hour car ride of screaming about wanting his grama and to ride on an airplane and then the torturous bath and lotion that left him screaming even louder, I broke down and let him in…just one more night.
C’s eczema has gotten REALLY bad. He cries when he bathes, gets lotion, or wears clothes other than over sized footie PJ's. I cried myself as he looks at me with huge tears and a tender heart and says “please mommy, no more lotions. It hurts my itchys”. One doctor tells me to bathe him only once or twice a week and one tells me everyday , the third tells me to give him Benydryl…umm nope not medicating him. So instead I jack up the heat and let him wear just underwear and lay on fleece blankets. I’m a push over, I’m hormonal and I’m a sucker for the miniature undies.
After driving 2 hours one way to the airport and conducting business as usual over the Bluetooth in my car, Jason still found the energy to build me some shelves and help me get my craft “closet/room” organized. Thanks honey. No pictures though until I am satisfied with the final product!
Enough about my blah day.
I wanted to ask for some prayers. 2 nights ago the house that shares a back fence with my mom burnt to the ground in a just a few minutes time leaving the family homeless. They were renters and the homeowners had insurance and the renters had insurance so that will be covered and the family and their dog all got out but sadly they had a puppy that was saved. The neighborhood and community as well as the local red cross are being very helpful but that doesn’t change the devastation of losing your stuff and a family pet so please if you have a second just think of this family as they piece their life back together.
Also I’m sure many of you heard the news of the New Years tornado that left many of our fellow Army family as well as many others with damaged and unlivable homes in the Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri area. Please pray that these families are able to salvage some of their things and find housing quickly and for those that were injured or worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment