One of my goals for 2011 was to make at least one new recipe a week. This week I went all out and not only chose a new recipe but also a new cut of meat I have never worked with. I found this recipe at For the Love of Cooking (great blog by the way!)
Basically you marinade the flank steak in a ziplock bag for 24 hours
and then cook on a grill or grill pan for about 5 minutes on each side.
Since the steak was new I went with some sides that I I knew would be yummy...salad and potatoes Au Gratin.
Ok dinner is done and I guess we could call it...ok. One end of the steak was well done and the other was rare. There are several things that could have caused this but the end result was that we ate up to the raw part and enjoyed that!



No comments:
Post a Comment