[Disclaimer: As I write this she is actually in her 5th week of life! I am behind but I wanted it documented so I am going back and filling in the blanks!]
This time around with my pregnancy I read Your Pregnancy Week by Week so I stuck with that serious and am reading Your Baby's First Year Week by Week so when I compare the "average" baby to Charlotte that is where I am getting my comparison.
Weeks 1-4
Jaundice
Before we left the hospital we were told that Lottie's biliruben (Sp) levels were high but not high enough to stay in the hospital and that we were free to leave with her if we brought her back the next morning for another blood test and weight check. This went on for 4 more days and on Mother's Day she was finally cleared to not come back until her 2 week check-up...Happy Mother's Day to me!
This is the best picture I can find where she looks a little yellow
Schedule
I am really looking forward to implementing the Babywise parenting method into our lives again. It worked well with Clayton and I would like to do it with Charlotte as well. Right now we are letting her get adjusted and she is eating on somewhat of a schedule on her own. She eats roughly every 2 hours as instructed by the Dr to flush out her jaundice.
Growth
At her 2 day check up she had not gained back to her birth weight but was working up to it. (I'm not sure exactly what she was at the time we left the hospital or at her 2 day). She is obviously eating something that is making her gain the weight and that was a huge concern for me sense she is breastfeeding (see post on that). By her 2 week checkup she was at 7lb 10oz and 19 3/4 in. (7lb 9oz 19.5 in at birth) so that is great news and the goal we were told to look for!
Sleeping
She sleeps in a Rock n Play ^ and loves to be swaddled! Complete opposite of her brother. She also is already sleeping with a pacifier. I like having her close to me but not in the bed with me at this point. I would like for her to never sleep in the bed with me (it is really hard to get them out...trust me!). She is waking maybe 2 times to eat and going right back to sleep. I feel rested and that is super important with 2 to take care of now!
Reacting with Clayton
Obviously they do not play together yet but Clayton is very respectful of her things and space and the time I need to take out of his time to care for her. There are times I see him looking at her trying to figure the whole thing out but so far they are doing great together. She is not effected by his noise level or his sporadic movements even though I am!
So far so good on the family of 4 front!


No comments:
Post a Comment