Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Allons!

Being in Cavalry unit means having tradition everywhere you look! We were in an infantry until at Hood and maybe it was the unit and maybe it was the fact that is was infantry but I never felt as close and wrapped in tradition as I do in the 11ACR. Blackhorse soldiers are that forever it seems. Every year they get together, past soldiers and visit Ft. Irwin and the party it up in Vegas. While they are visiting Irwin they get a tour of "the box" and enjoy a yummy DFAC (dining facility) lunch and watch a Cavalry charge and demonstration by the Horse Detachment! 
Jason and one of his soldiers (Davis) before the show got started

My baby love in her black horse bow
We were offered the chance to fund raise at the show and our FRG baked and baked and managed to raise some money even though it was windy and cold in June (the 2nd to be exact!)
Her first tutu
J in his 1901 uniform and baby girl

Just for the record Clayton was at camp...I didn't forget to take pictures of him!

No comments: