Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our Thursday read and relax

Thursday mornings at 11:30 the on post library offers a story time for little people. We had gone a few times during the "school year" but the time didn't work out from us then. So on a Thursday starting a weekend that Jason was gone I knew I needed to fill up as much time as possible so we headed to the library after camp. It was a success! The majority of the kids he already interacts with somewhere on post and the other moms were familiar too. This summer they are offering a reading program for older children and a modified version for 0-5 year olds.  There are different stages to complete that lead to different shields. Each shield completed the kiddo gets a price.
The sword is the award Clayton got for making it to level 2 in his reading program.
The crown was that weeks art project. They do a project after the story time.
This week's project was a necklace.
Charlotte's take on story time...and yes she is wearing pant in June in the desert...the library A/C is not lacking!!
The library is across the street from Starbucks so of course we go over after story time and I enjoy my Thursday special treat!
Charlotte and I enjoying our treats at Starbucks!

No comments: