Friday, June 10, 2011

How did I have a baby without these things?

With Charlotte being our second child and a child born with a little more preparation and at different place in our lives makes her the "get better stuff" baby. When we decided to have another baby we thought it would be much cheaper this go round because we already had everything. If it was a girl we would add some pink clothes and bows and be done...right? Wrong! First we had to replace the bouncy seat and swing because with 2 government moves since Clayton was a baby we have lost several pieces to both items...thanks movers! But we have also gained some things that we didn't have with Clayton that I now see the benefit in having. With Clayton if we didn't get it as a gift and we could make it through a day with out we didn't bother. But with Charlotte people gave us some things we didn't already have and since we had MOST everything we needed we splurged and got some of the "cooler" things we missed out on with Clayton...here are my now "I don't know how I how a baby with out these things" items.

Diaper Genie
 











We were given 2 Diaper genies this round and I love having 2 of them so much. We have one near the pack n play/ changing table downstairs and one in her room upstairs. I love that they don't smell and I feel like I am saving money by not taking the trash out everyday. Obviously it can be done with out them but I won't do it again!
Video Monitor 
 















This monitor is awesome. great quality and I can see baby girl sleeping (or not sleeping) whenever I want and I don't have to walk in her to check on her. The best part is the 2 way sound feature. When she is crying I can sing through the monitor or talk to her and calm her down without having to go in there. I'm not lazy or avoiding going in her room or anything but once she sees me she wants to be picked up so I try not to let her see me if she is just fussing. This camera has also helped me catch Clayton sneaking in there!


Changing table
I didn't take a picture because I am too lazy to go upstairs and take it and I couldn't find ours online! With Clayton we changed him on the pack n play changing table until he was bigger and then I did it on the floor. But we had a single story house and didn't have a second child to watch. I think it is so nice to have a real place to change her and to store diapers and linens for her room. 
Sound machine


















This has been an awesome addition to out musical/lights crap that we force upon our kids in hopes that something other than us can make them fall asleep. This particular one has a projector that displays 3 different scenes on the ceiling and she loves to watch the lights and listen to the animal sounds. I have to say when I need a break the ocean sound is very soothing! 
Baby Bjorn




























When Clayton was little I had an infantino carrier and I felt like he was going to fall out all the time! I love this carrier and I am so glad we found one for super on sale at Target in lime green (see picture above) but I would take it in poop brown honestly as much as it has helped me!


These opinions are just that! Every parent finds different things invaluable when they have babies but I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked these items and how glad I am that we are trying them out this time around!






1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I had the diaper genie with Autumn but not the others. Now I have the sound machine and a video monitor!! They are amazing!! It's crazy that I wouldn't want to live without either now.