Tuesday, March 1, 2011

2 Month update of 2011 Goals

1. Read at least one book a month and blog it on my book blog...my new Kindle and joining a book club should help with this one!
       I have read 2 books so far but working on some on going books right now.
       January's book club pick
       February's book club pick
       The Choice 
2. Make one new recipe a week.
     I have been doing pretty good with this one but not as good about blogging it :( 
     I have made Honey mustard pork chops and marinated flank steak though!
     Last week I made some very yummy Peanut Butter Balls 
3. Make a craft project a week and blog it.
     This was harder than I thought it would be but here are some of the projects I have done so far this year.
4. Blog every other day at least on this blog.
    You can see that progress yourself... I will get better I hope. Maybe writing on three blogs at a time is   too much! But I did make a blog schedule that will help me stay on top of the things I want to for sure blog about.
5. Cut back on my TV watching...I am thinking 2 shows a day.
6. Get "dressed" most days...I generally wear my PJ's all the time!
7. Make and follow a more structured day for Clayton.
8. Reread Babywise books and prep for Charlotte.
    I am on Chapter 5 and so glad I am rereading. I needed a refresher!
9. Have a date night with Jason at least once a month.
    January we went to see Harry Potter while my mom was still here and 
10. Stick to bedtime for Clayton!!!
       Failing miserably!!!
11. Breastfeed Charlotte as long as possible ( I am really aiming for at least 6 months)
      Duh she isn't born yet!
12. Walk at least one mile everyday even it is my in home walking DVD...I hate super cold and super hot weather and I live in the desert so it gets super HOT!!
      I may be walking a mile everyday but I have not actually set aside the time to do so yet...fail!
13. Stay on top of house work and stick to my house work schedule.
      Doing decent with this one
14. Plan a fun family getaway at least quarterly.
      Instead of us going anywhere this quarter, except the ball (whole post on that to come) we are having a  lot of people come to us since the baby is coming pretty soon.
15. Stick to our budget.
       Doing awesome even with having to get J's truck fixed and all the stuff for the baby!
16. Take my contacts out everyday!!!!
       I did great for about a week
17. Finish Jason's first Army scrapbook.
      3 pages are in the works
18. Read the Bible from beginning to end as a family.
      Did awesome for about a week...then j's schedule got crazy and we are seriously lacking on the family time. 
19. Teach Clayton to recognize ALL letters and numbers.
       I'm pretty sure he can do this and I enlisted Leap Frog Letter Factory to help!
20.Teach Clayton to pray.
     I received a daily preschool devotional at MOPS and it has some really sweet prayers that are great.  
21. Be more affectionate....I have a HUGE personal bubble and it needs to shrink!
      The bubble is getting smaller...still needs work though
22. Drink 65oz of water a day before I drink anything else.
      Actually doing great with this one...thanks to my camel back water bottle!
23. Send cards on birthdays and major holidays.
      With family I am doing ok but friends are not so great...Facebook comments count right?!?
24. take more pictures and videos.
      I am working on this I promise!You can check out my entries for Project 52 here.
25. Save more money for LONG TERM future.
      Um....

No comments: