- During military separations (whether short or long) how do you keep yourself positive and motivated? First and foremost I put all of my energy in to compensating for the lack of father for my son but as for me...Friends are so vital! I also like to do something fun to mark off days as we go. For our last big deployment I made a paper chain like you do in elementary school and wrote little things on the links that I wanted Jason to know or little things he missed. I loved making it and he enjoyed reading the messages.
- What is your favorite concert you have ever been to? George Strait
- What do you miss most about your “hometown”?Besides the obvious of friends and lifetime friends I miss sweet tea and southern foods (ie...grits, fried green tomatoes)
- If you could run in any race, which charity would you choose to support? A charity that focuses on SIDS research. I had a friend lose her precious baby boy at the young age of 2 months and I was forever changed at how precious those little moments are. It is such a hard issue to understand and one of the scariest words you hear/see when you are the parent of a small child.
- You find out Willy Wonka is your father, what 3 course meal do you INSIST he create in that stick of gum? Fried green tomatoes, pot roast with mashed potatoes and better than sex cake..yum
Friday, March 11, 2011
MilSpouse Friday Fill-in...#33
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment