Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sponge painted leaves

Since I decided to join the Babywise or Toddlerwise moms, Clayton and I have been even more structured than we already were...hard to imagine I know! I plan to write a whole post about how Toddlerwise is working after we have done it for a successful month. Anyway one portion of Toddlerwise is the emphasis on routine. As part of our routine I have incorporated table time. Some days we play with playdough or some other textured item some days we do art and some days we do a learning activity. Today was an art day and we did a project I found on a childrens activity blog.  

I drew the tree trunk and poured the paint but the rest was all him! He worked on control, colors, following directions, and we talked about the leaves outside and then looked at the leaves we could see off the porch.




This was my favorite picture of the day. He decided to use he hands as a tool and then got really excited about the paint on his hands! I love to watch him learn!

2 comments:

Emily said...

yay!!!! I am loving the table time idea! I'm super pumped to read toddlerwise haha I'm like addicted to the -wise series :) I'm so glad you're liking it!!! I can't wait until Kye is old enough for art projects!

Elizabeth said...

I'm impressed! Damian is not into art at all. I must admit that I don't have a creative bone in my body and don't push it as much as I should. We always laugh that D will master calculus in elementary school, but will fail finger painting!