Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 1 of Road trip: Myrtle Beach

My mom, aunt, Clayton and I started our road trip Sunday morning and had plans of getting to Myrtle Beach by that night. We were not rushing and decided that we would stop wherever we wanted and just have fun taking our time. We did make it to Myrtle Beach and we tried to find a hotel in the Choice Hotels group turns out this was harder than imagined. Eventually we settles on the one we passed like 50 times trying to find a better one and were able to use points for a free room! The room wasn't horrible but I was not thrilled with its clealiness. After checking in we went to Broadway on the Beach and ate at Margaritaville, ok food but great decor that kept Clayton entertained until the hurricane started pouring teguila in the giant blender and he started to freak out....I would share pictures but I left the camera in the hotel and could kick myself because there were some great shots.

Clayton with the ocean in the background. The weather was horrible so there are not any pictures of us actually on the beach

This is our city view otherwise known as a gutted hotel. But we were there on off season so I guess it is the renovation season so we understood


No comments: