Monday, November 30, 2009

Washington DC

On Thanksgiving J, C and I left for DC with the intent to come back home on Saturday but the trip turned into so much fun and just the break from routine and reality we needed. We decided to stay until Sunday! It is so unlike me to change plans especially on a trip but I am so glad I did and we quickly ajusted everything needed to stay the extra day and hade another day of site seeing. We saw all the war memorials and all but Jefferson of the presidential momuments. The Natural History and American History museums and Union Station. Oh and Jason's favorite Arlington Cemetery and the changing of the guard.  The weather was so cold and kind of rainy on Friday so we opted to take o of the hop on hop off tour buses. I have to take a moment to brag on Clayton. He was so well behaved! There was only one melt down and the main cause was pure exhaustion. Overall it was the best trip we have taken since our honeymoon and I'm glad we went. We were a little concerned that right before Christmas and a big move a big trip like this might not be the best idea but we stayed with in budget. I found an efficincy suite with a full kitchen and huge area for Clayton to run in Arlington for half the cost of a normal room inside of DC and the hotel was 2 blocks from the Metro which was great. Speaking of the metro I think it was Clayton's favorite part. He would scream CHOO CHOO when he saw it coming, so cute! There are so many picture I thought linking to the Facebook album would be easier.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075449&id=51100448&l=c8404def1b

No comments: