Monday, November 16, 2009
What about the Turkeys?
Jason and I are slammed every weekend before we move (Decmber 18) and since he was deployed last year at this time he missed Santa and homemade gifts and all that fun stuff that comes with Christmas. After looking at the calendar we realized that this past weekend was the only time we would have do collect craft supplies for gifts and shop together for gifts that we buying and most importantly it was the only weekend we would have for a Santa picture. I was a little concerned when I saw our only free weekend. I thought it was so early in the season to get christmas stuff taken care of ...boy was I wrong. Christmas is under way and we completely skipped Thanksgiving! There were no signs of T Day at all! We will be in Washington DC for Thanksgiving so we don't need to decorate but what if I wanted to? I know a lot of people jump ahead to Christmas decor for their T day gatherings and that is perfectly fine with me also but we are yet again not going to have a home or will not be home for Christmas so we are not decorating for that either....but WE ARE ALL THREE TOGETHER!!! and that is super exciting! This will my 5th Christmas with J and as most military families can relate to...this is one the second one we will be spending together. Back to my point...I just felt like I needed to point out that we have somehow managed to push Thanksgiving aside....could it be I feel out of sorts this year because the weather is still saying early fall and the stores are putting Christmas decor on clearance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment