Thursday, April 28, 2011
38/39 week Charlotte Update
The picture on the left is me the night my water broke with Clayton...his due date April 11. The picture on the right was taken today at 39 weeks 1 day...Do you think I'm ready?
How far along?
38/39 weeks
Maternity clothes?
yes! and some of Jason's clothes too! Yoga pants are my new BFF : )
Stretch marks?
one little line popped up this week....not happy
Weight gained:
total- 40ish lbs which is a pretty big jump but the Dr told me that is is mostly water weight and will go down once she is born and the heat subsides a little...great! I'm glad to know that some of it is water but either way I don't like it and I feel so gross!!!
Sleep:
Best moment this/last week:
Finding out an induction date (May 3). I am a planner and to know the "end" date is super helpful in my anxiety.
Movement:
She is a moving machine! And those tiny feet may be cute when she gets here but right now they hurt!!
Food cravings:
Sweets and bread...good for weight gain right!
Gender:
Girl-Charlotte Grace
Labor Signs:
Cramping and I feel her much low, a few contractions and some other kinda personal signs!
Belly Button in or out?
out
Wedding rings on or off?
back off and the rash is worse than ever! Plus the swelling isn't helping :(
What I miss:
sleeping and my clothes
What I am looking forward to:
Having my body back and meeting my little girl
Weekly Wisdom:
Drink lots of water!
Milestones:
Making it until my mom got here...now I am ready!
38 weeks checkup:
Everything looked god vitals wise...BP was good and her HB was in the 140s which is lower than it has been but still in the OK zone. Clayton's slowed down A LOT at this stage so I wasn't super surprised. She asked me if I wanted my membranes stripped and I said no because I was going to be home alone all day while Jason and Clayton went to Vegas to get my mom. I guess that meant all or nothing to her because she didn't check me either so I have no idea what the progress is if there was any. My Dr will be out of town this whole week and will come back on my due date so I'm actually trying to hold off until she gets back.
I go back on the 2nd which is my due date and she is going to check me then. If I am 3 cm or less than I will check in the hospital and have a Foley bulb inserted and then see where we are in the morning whether pitocin will be needed...fingers crossed that I won't need it! If I am 4 cm or more on Monday than I come back in Tuesday and start the induction then with just pitocin. Either way she should be here no later than the night of the 3rd!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for posting an update! I've been wondering what her status was :) Let us know if you need anything at all!
I would say you're ready to pop!! You still look great though, all belly :)
Post a Comment