Monday, December 6, 2010

San Diego Day 1 (Thanksgiving)

It has become a tradition for our "little" family to go out of town for Thanksgiving. I know that seems odd since we live out of town technically but for the first three years of our marriage and life in the Army every chance and holiday was spent in GA and we never experienced anything around us or each other. Last year we were stationed at Fort Lee, VA and went to Washington DC this year we headed south to San Diego. San Diego is fun little weekend get away for us. Only a little over 3 hour drive and so much to do there. The last time we were there was for a Dr, appointment for J and we went to the San Diego Zoo. This time we tried to hit some of the other touristy spots...First stop...Sea World!
                                    
Clayton watching the Orca Whales in the "holding" tank before the Shamu show. Somewhere between these two pictures we stopped for a potty break and Clayton went in a happy child and came out pretty grumpy as a close up of his face would have indicated!

Shamu...not really but that's what they called her so so am I.
After we left the Shamu show we needed some food and Clayton needed a nap so we found some food and let him nap. Don't worry I fed him after he woke up! Then we headed off to the dolphin show.

Great show...there was diving by humans, dolphins, whales, birds and the list goes on.

The sky tower was really fun. It took you up and slowed down giving a panoramic view of Sea World and San Diego. It was also Cs favorite part of the day. "I want to wide dat eldabator" he said OVER and OVER

At night the Sky Tower turned into a Christmas Tree. It was really pretty. I wish I had gotten a better picture once it got darker but honestly I was freezing and my back was killing me!

Since I am preggers J got to ride ALL the kiddo rides with C. I was a little jealous :( I love rides even the ones made for 2 year olds...and obviously so did our picture interrupter..hehe

Oh and did I mention it was free entrance. As a thank you to the military Anheuser Busch theme parks give each military personnel and 3 dependents free tickets once a year...How awesome is that!

No comments: