Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our first Christmas Tree

This is Jason and I's (I'm not an English major but that doesn't seem right...mine or my would work better?) 6th Christmas together but our first Christmas at home. Thanks to deployments and being "homeless" last year and several other reasons we have spent Christmas in GA or apart. So when we made the decision to stay at home this year sacrificing seeing family and home we knew the tree and "helping" Santa would be our focus this season. We looked for the perfect (fake) tree and finally found it, on sale at that! I love it...its a pine instead of a fir like most and although it was pre lit with white  lights we also ran some blinking colored lights through it.

We didn't have many ornaments or a tree skirt or anything like that so we got to buy that too! I wanted a fun theme which really means no theme at all. The ornaments we did have had no rhyme or reason so the ones we bought followed that same premise...total randomness : )

Isn't this cute (the tree skirt...I mean the kiddo is too but the skirt is the focus here!)
"Cheese in front on the tree"...this is my result...see the under bite?
This one looks a little like the pee pee dance but I think I told him to laugh.
Hanging the first ornament. And surprisingly they have all stayed in the original spots...for now

No comments: