So I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was transitioning Clayton from 2 naps to 1 nap a day. This means he went from nap at 10:30 lunch at 1 nap at 3:30 to the new schedule of lunch at 12 nap at 12:30 and he usually wakes around 2:30 or 3:00. When it works it works well. He seems more rested and isn't too awake at night or to exausted (he has a tendency to take the morning nap and skip the afternoon). other mom I have talked to or read this blog are in the process of dropping naps also and asked me what I have learned works and doesn't work.
- Get out of the house: play areas at the park, indoor play areas, library story times, shopping
-stay out of the car at what should be the begining of the nap you are trying to drop
- if they are used to structure (Like clayton is) make this a known change and stick to it everyday: we plan an activity at the same timeish everyday at what we be his nap time
-Monday-grocery shop
-Tuesday-Playroom
-wednesday-Library story hour
- Thursday- Starbucks story hour
- Friday- changes week to week
Luckily Clayton has a friend who is dropping a nap at the same time so his mom and I have planned these activites together and it seems to be helping...the boys get used to seeing each and it makes what could be a really grouchy and stressful not so bad
No comments:
Post a Comment