Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kohls and the coffee pot

Let me start by saying that Jason gets up and fixes coffee at 0430, I get up and fix coffee at 0730. Therefore we were fixing coffee twice or I was drinking it cold. Solution....Hamilton Beach Brew Station Summit. I will let you check it out yourself but basically it is great. The coffee doesn't sit in a pot it is in a reservoir and will stay warm for 4 hours. Just what we needed plus it makes iced coffee for my 3 pm pick me up.

Pack track for a minute. Kohl's had a special where you got $10 Kohls cash for every $50 you spent. We got $50 dollars from our Roomba so I then had that $50 I knew I wanted to use on the coffee pot. I sat on this $50 for a bout a week even though I wanted to rush out and get the coffee maker. I was waiting until another Kohls 15% off everything sale. It happened this weekend in conjunction with Tax Free weekend in VA. So I headed to Kohls expecting to buy a coffee pot and some winter clothes for Clayton while they were tax free.

Original thoughts: Coffee pot- $70-15%= $59.50 - $50= $9.50
add some clothes (2 pants, 4 shirts that would go with either pant, jacket)
I was thinking about $100 at minimum

Out come: Total spent........$73
Total saved:......$175
I finally met my goal of more saved then spent....now if I could just do it with groceries!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Ahhh I love our coffee pot that keeps it warm! It's the best. The boys have to wake up way too early to have it in a pot waiting!

Jason said...

The coffee pot was on sale for 60 plus 15% off= $75-$15=$60-15%=$50- $50 Kohls cash= $0 spent. Then you add all of the other stuff and get the massive savings, dear. Just thought I would clarify that.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could find savings like that! Mostly on groceries!

P.S. You make me want to start drinking coffee

aunt sheila said...

HI IT's been a while since I emailed u I talk to your grandma everynight to let her know what you have to say about yall on the web Ifeel like I see the baby alltime reading and seeing him in pictures Iwas hoping yall would be sent to SAVANNAH SO iCOULD BE WITH YALL AND YOU COULD GET TO KNOW MY GIRLS AND HAVE ABABYSITTER WE WOULD HAVE FUN SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS love yall !