In April, Clayton had an ear infection that lasted a month and through 2 antibiotics. His pediatrician at Ft Hood said that is could have been there for a while and was just missed. At the time I felt horrible, I still do. He never changed his personality at all and did not show any typical signs of infection until his birthday weekend when he started running a fever and stopped sleeping through the night. I thought the sleeping through the night thing was because Jason had come from Iraq a few weeks before and we had had company for 2 weeks. It turns out that it was because of the infection.
When we left he had a little fluid in his ears and the dr said to take him in when we got here so I took him in today. He has another ear infection and the dr. said that his allergies are the main cause and that his allergies are going crazy. She then put him on Zyrtec and Zithromax. If the Zithromax doesnt work and there is still fluid in 2 weeks then we will go to the ENT and discuss putting tubes in his ears.
I really liked the pediatrician here and I hope that we get this problem fixed...I dont want my baby to have surgery but I would rather do it and help him feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment