Sunday, March 11, 2012

Well deserved trip to the pinball house

Clayton responds well to positive rewards so for Christmas I bought him a Melissa and Doug responsibility chart with his Christmas money.
So far he has loved it and works daily to earn his smiley face magnet for each completed chore/manner. After week one I thought it was good idea to treat him to a reward since he completed most of his chart. I wanted him to see that he would get special treats and a positive response when he follows directions.

A week of so before we started the chart I took Clayton on a "date" to see Happy Feet 2 (really cute movie by the way!) the bowling alley on post is across the street from the theater and Clayton got so excited as we turned onto that street because he thought we were going to the "pinball house". Of course I knew we were going to the movies but had not told him but I was so confused on what he was talking about. When we pulled out of the theater he said, "see mommy the pin ball house"....Oh the bowling alley. I guess the sign kind of looks like a pin ball machine set up? Anyway, I knew that had to be his first reward.

The day we went actually turned into a trying day for him but honestly I think it was anxiety. The kid had been waiting for days!! It turned out to be a really fun night for all of us. I even bowled...horribly but I bowled! Here are some pictures from out night:










Since that night Jason's company has started a bowling night! Just what Clayton needs :)

No comments: