Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Charlotte is 8 months old


I know I say this every month but I am in disbelief that Charlotte is on the downward hill to a year old! I am so struggling with this!! I love her baby ways and I love her baby looks.sweet sweet girl.

So she appears to growing some finally! I mean height when I say this as she is not struggling to grow in the weight department :) As far as I can figure she has grown to 25" and weighs about 19 lbs. She is still wearing size 3 diapers. Her clothes are ranging from 3-12 month stuff. It all depends on the brand and what it is.

She is seriously eating everything!! We took her to Chick fil A and she killed some waffle fries. Of course she loves all the other stuff too as long as she is eating :)  Oh and she HAS NO TEETH!!!

I mentioned last month that her feet are tiny and they are still tiny but she can fit into a size 1 now. After reading up and talking to a PT and another pediatrician I am trying her out in bigger shoes to see if that will help her bear weight on her feet. The idea is that she doesn't feel like her tiny feet can hold her, a deception issue, so if her shoes are bigger a give her the illusion that her feet are bigger she will bear more weight....guess what? It worked!!

Her gross motor has improved quite a bit. She is doing the rocking motion on her belly and is handling falling from sitting so much better than she was. She has also learned to throw her weight when she wants like rocking her pack and play. Her fine motor skill are excellent. She is picking up everything even tiny things and of course it all goes straight to her mouth!
Her favorite toy is still her paci and now that she can put it in her mouth herself we find it in all directions.
She is a giggling machine and can say "mama" and "hi". Clapping, waving and patting things are also new this month.

I took her swinging the for the first time this month and she loved it.


I LOVE that she is a structured baby. Here is what happens when we do not stick to her schedule.
I think one of the best things she has learned to do this month is give kisses....melts me

And by the way in every video you can hear me laughing in the background but that is seriously all I do around these kids! They make me laugh all the time!

1 comment:

Heather said...

She sounds a lot like my baby! My little girl is 10 1/2 months old and just started crawling TODAY. She is tiny for her age (maybe 16lb) and has tiny feet (1 1/2) and she HATES to stand. She CAN bear weight but she basically refuses. I may try the shoe thing :)