Monday, January 2, 2012

10...1 Happy New Year!

Last night we rang in the new year with some great friends and yummy food! Our neighbors Jolene and Micah came over as did our friends Don and Andrea and their two littles Anora and Anya. We had a great time! All the kiddos (6 total) past out in various locations and beds and the parents got down to some fun times :) All I can say is thank goodness for video monitors!!! This was the first year in over 5 years that we hung out with people our own age and actually stayed up past 12 to toast and kiss.

We were going to cook the traditional New Years Day meal and have people over on the 1st but seeing as how I am not a fan of that menu we switched to NYE and did an appetizer meal instead. I made pretzel ham and cheese bites, queso dip, fruit and veggies with dip, sausage balls and chocolate coca-col cake. Andrea brought over some deviled eggs made with avocado instead on mayo and zucchini bread. Jolene brought her peanut butter balls with raisins and coconut...it was all delish!

I have to stop for a second and say that Pinterest while it is a time suck sometimes it is also so useful in finding recipes, gift ideas etc etc! I have used that sight so much during the holidays this year and honestly can say could not have pulled off half of what I accomplished without it...is that of me to admit?
{I promise she never had any near her mouth and it was only sparkling cider!!!}
I hope everyone had a great NYE and a memorable 2011. I know so many people that have had some major struggles in 2011 and I am thankful I myself have sort of slid through this year without many hiccups. May 2012 be what we all want and make it to be!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yum! Sounds like a fun night!