Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Date night some pee pee and a little hot chocolate

In honor of Month of the Military Family Clayton's school offered a free Parent's Night Out. I was stoked at first but now that Clayton is moving foward with his potty training I was a little nervous that the new teachers and environment would mess him up but we decided to give a go anyway...and I'm glad we did but more on the potty training in a few. J and I went to the little theater on post and saw Secretariat. Loved it! While J was deployed I got into this show on the Animal Planet called Jockeys and it really showed me some of the behind the scenes of horse racing and now I love to follow horses and jockeys so this movie was right up my alley. Plus, duh J likes horses! After the movie we headed back to get C from school hoping that we would pick him up in the same clothes we dropped him off in...NOPE! 
I would not by any means say that Clayton is potty trained at all but he doing great! In the last week he is only wearing underwear and pullups at night...not that brave yet! And has had very few accidents, still trouble with #2 but getting there. The problem is C won't say he has to go we have to tell him about every hour that he needs to try and sure enough he goes everytime...and yes I have tested to see how long he can go and if he will tell me and it resulted in cleaning the carpet and washing mini undies. So...whe we dropped him off I explained ALL this to his teachers like 50 times no lie! I even had he normal Preschool teacher explain how important the everyhour thing is. When we got there he had on different pants and no socks and a big bag of clothes next in his cubby...umm! We got there at 9:15 and she said..."he had his last accident about 15 minutes ago". Did they take him to the potty at all? I know they ahd other children and they are not used to his schedule BUT I TOLD THEM 50 TIMES!!!! So I didn't get on to C but did use this as an opportunity to show him that he needs to tell people when he has to go...
I can drink this...really?
I told him to look into his cup and smile...this is the best we could do



Once we got home I was freezing and wanted something sweet...and I was given the go ahead to eat away from my OB (more on that in another post) so I decided to make some hot chocolate. C was still awake and of course wanted some...bad parenting I know! Give the toddler hot chocolate at 9:45 (smacking my hand!) HE LOVED IT! The marshmellows were multi colored and actually really fun...it's the little things!

1 comment:

Emily said...

i totally feel you on the potty training front...kye will go in the potty everytime i make him and is not 100% about telling me when he has to go so i feel like I am the one who is trained don't you????? annoying!!!! i take him every hour to every 90 min. I think it's normal, especially with boys! i can't believe they didn't take him though!!! ugh!!!!