Wednesday, November 24, 2010

16 week Dr OB appoinment



Last Thursday (11/18) I saw my Ob for my 16 week checkup and everything seemed great! She has done an ultrasound every other check up so I thought maybe this week would be the same and we could get a sneak peek of the "determining parts" but I guess we will wait until December 13. She found the heart beat right away and it was 132-148 which seemed low to me compared to Clayton but she seemed OK with it. We talked about my numb hip and the extreme nerve pain that comes with it. At night there are times that I wake Jason up just because I feel like someone needs to know that I am in that much pain. I can't really describe it and that makes it hard to talk to the Dr about it but I'm pretty sure that she got what I was saying. There are a few things that could be causing it...sciatica, a deviated uterus or simply where the baby is laying. He/she has been on the left side since the get go and so Dr told me lay on my right side instead of the normal left. Laying on my right seems to be helping but its still an aggravation.

The only concern she seemed to have was that I have only gained 1lb since my registration day and said that I was allowed to eat as much as I wanted. Of course I am trying to stick with healthy foods and snack all the time instead of large meals. But here is my thought...I was really sick at the beginning and lost a good bit of weight and so if I have gained 1 lb over my original date doesn't that actually mean I have gained back my weight plus 1? Anyway, I'm sure it will all work out in the end...it sure did with C!

I sorted out my maternity clothes from C and realized I didn't like them but I don't want to buy anything because we are already counting on this one to be our last (but God will make that decision!). But I do need some new pants. My normal pants even with the Bella band are VERY uncomfortable and my maternity are still too big and make me look awful on the bottom half! I heard that Old Navy was having a great sale today so I hoped on over Oldnavy.com and got some new shirts and pants, plus slippers and C got new PJs and matching slippers all for $50! I was pretty excited...I just wish they were coming before our trip to San Diego for Thanksgiving!





                                           Clayton has decided he has a baby in his tummy too!

No comments: