Saturday, December 5, 2009
How to put Humpty Dumpty together again
Normally my post are about what we have done the current week or something cute Clayton has done but today I need to post a negative post. I am really struggling with mommyhood today. I think the problem started a few weeks ago when Clayton started having the night terrors I wrote about a few weeks ago. They are getting better but now we have the 12:30 wake up issue. Before C was having the terrors around 12 or 1 and would go back to sleep and be fine until morning but lately he has been waking up around 12 and SCREAMING until someone comes and gets him. I have done everything I know to do, everything every website, book, or other mom has told me to do and nothing is helping. The other night I really broke donw and just begged him to go back to sleep, unfortunatly the only thing that works is to let him lay with me or for to sleep in his room. Neither of which are working. I am tired which makes me ill and grouchy which brings me to the next part of my day. Becuase C is not sleeping well he is not well rested (duh) and therefore very hard to handle. I hate to say this but I am afraid if I dont figure out how ot get control of the sleeping issue we are going to lose our minds. What could a 19 month be doing that is so bad? Let's so he now hits me and his father and I am afraid anyone who would try to show authority (ie nursery at church...I am not looking forward to the morning). When he has ANYTHING in his hand and is told something he doesn't like he throws said toy usually at soemthing that belongs to me or Jason (today he threw my phone into a glass cabinet because he couldn't reach his cup...This may be the terrible twos coming on but I just feel out of control and like somehow he has slipped into one of those children no one wants to be around. He really is sweet child and it is breaking my heart that I am writing these things about him but the truth is the truth. My fear is that before we get to California (we move on the 18th and spend time in GA until the 1st of Feb) he is going to be so far off of his schedule...which makes these behaviors so much worse...and so far away from my rules that I am not going to get him back! That may sound like an irrational fear but finding stability in a life like ours is hard enough and then we throw in a struggling time in toddlerhood and we are looking at what could be a serious monster....Please just pray that I find the answer or the right way to handle this "stage" and that I don't lose sight of that little boy I know he is :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Danielle I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time with Clayton. He's been such an angel child that the sh!t had to hit the fan at some point, right?
I'm sure it's just a stage that will pass. You know his true nature and this isn't it. I know it's weighing on you though so I'll be praying for you guys!
Love yall (and I still love Clayton even if he is being a little devil!)
I feel so bad for you but think it's so wonderful that you're honest about what you are dealing with and aren't afraid to say that. I'd be freaking out too. There HAS to be some reason for all of this. Has to be! Maybe it's just soo many changes so close together? Once you get moved and settled hopefully it'll get better. I know they say with Babywise that it takes you 3-5 days to get back on schedule once you've broken it so just be prepared to work hard once you get settled. I know I lose my mind when I don't get enough sleep so you need to get YOUR rest too so you can be sane enough when he isn't! My only advice is whatever schedule you have, stick to it the best you possibly can. He may be horrible but being off that schedule will only make it worse ya know? Have you tried putting him to bed earlier at night? I know sometimes that helps sleep issues? Maybe even sleep in his bed with him and then on the floor and then out of the room completely once he starts getting better? I'll keep praying!!!
Post a Comment