Wednesday, February 18, 2009

High Five

So last week Clayton was eating some very messy apple concoction and spilled it on the floor. I am not a morning person and this food spilling thing was not working for me so I might have gotten a little mad at him. At my anger he turned his lip under and started to cry. I felt so bad. I know he is just a baby and is learning and will make many more messes than apples on the floor. So as I went to give him a hug and apologize for yelling he put his hand up and said "are you giving me a high five?" He laughed and every since that day he gives EVERYONE high fives with a cute little grin. However, he is still learning to keep his food on his plate or at least his chair. Thanks to Army post housing we do not have room in the kitchen for a table and the dining room is carpeted. So I have decided to lay a Neat Sheet down under his area and just let go of my fears and let him learn...and imagine this, when I stopped getting made for him throwing food...he stopped throwing it! Oh babies!

No comments: