Wow Clayton it is hard to believe you are 5! You have become a little boy before I knew it.
I will never forget when they handed you to me at some crazy hour on the morning of April 13, 2008 after 29 hours of labor. I was terrified! What in the world was I going to do with this little human, how was I going to make a citizen out of you. So far I can say I think I have done a pretty good job as you are becoming more than I ever thought possible.
As a family of three we went from TX to VA to CA where we decided to add your sister to organized chaos of Army life. And from CA we returned home to GA while your Daddy is serving in Kuwait. We are a proud Army family and you are a resilient, fun, loving, sassy child who never meets a stranger and has no problem throwing yourself into a game of catch on a playground full of kids you don't know. These traits will serve you well as we continue traveling the world.
But you and I will always have a special bond. We survived, not just survived but thrived in our first deployment together. You and I- you a 2 week old brand new to life and I a scared new bride and mother. But we did it! And we are going to do it again (and again I'm sure).
At your last doctor's appointment you weighed in at 38# and 3ft 8in tall. On the small side but your personality makes up for it. You were perfect in ever other physical way and were a champ during those shots!
You are so smart and you are gearing up for Kindergarten were I'm sure you will be bored because you already know everything!!
I am so excited to see where this next year of life takes you and I know you are going to blossom wherever we plant you.
"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
Happy Birthday Clayton-Love Mommy

1 comment:
That is very true, you will always be my little bubba
Post a Comment