Monday, February 27, 2012

Charlottes ninth month of life


Charlotte is a little over 9 months now! So what's been going on in her life lately? SO MUCH!!! This little girl is for sure going to be my frequent flyer in the medical department! I'll get into all of that in a minute but first up some stats:

As of her doctor appointment on Feb 21 (meaning she was actually 9.5 months old)
Growth: She is now 21 lbs (80%) and 25.5  inches long (10%)
              She wears size 3 diaper and 6-12 month clothes. 

Eating: Based on her measurements and some mobility issues her pediatrician recommended a new menu to maximise her calorie intake to ensure that every calorie counts. She eats 4 bottles of  5oz. 3 meals and 2 very small snacks.We are working on the transition to sippy cups so she has one sippy a day instead of a bottle.

Sleeping: 8 pm-730 am and 2  1.5-2 hour naps. She is such a great sleeper! She lays down in her crib without much fuss, turns her head and off to sleep she goes...unlike her brother!

New developments:She has 3 new teeth! They came in without much issue thank goodness.
                  No new words this month. But she has started signing "more", "eat", "sad". She will respond to "dad", "mom", "bottle", "eat" and "play".
                   She is starting to show some signs of separation anxiety but I am doing everything to nip that in the bud!!
 With her bubba

Cellulitis: Charlotte had what looked like a zit on her little hiney. I noticed that it has popped but didn't think much of it. This is going to get pretty detailed and gross so be warned!! On a Monday she started running a fever and was a little fussy but I assumed it was teeth. Jason said he noticed  a little blood in her diaper and wondered if it was related but Charlotte has always been a little on the constipated side and again I just assumed it was from straining. But when I checked her diaper I saw that the zit spot was bruised and hard and looked like it had been bleeding. Once I wiped it the blood started pouring out. I FREAKED and immediately started texting with my Dr neighbor. He suggested I squeeze out the discharge. It was for sure some sort of infection. The color was turning from blood to a dark purple almost black grossness! I put a band aid on the spot (since it was in the area of poo!) and gave her some Tylenol. The next day she was much worse. I have never seen either of my kiddos that sick. Straight to the Dr we went. Dr Bitnis immediately said it was cellulitis and swabbed the discharge to check for MRSA. We were sent home with a strong antibiotic. The test came back negative for MRSA but was inconclusive for another bacteria strain that remains in the system. She may have this situation again or not. Time will tell. 
 Always eating

At each well baby visit there is a questionnaire called the Ages and Stages. Charlotte is on target in every category except Gross Motor..they score on 5-60 scale and test gross and fine motor, social, communication, and cognition.  The first one that we noticed she was not making a great score was four months but she was still in the "OK but we are going to watch this" stage. By her 9 month visit she is literally failing. She scored a 10. So the doctor went back and tested her at a 6 month and 4 month questionnaire and Charleigh Grace failed them both as well. This is super confusing seeing as that she is scoring 55-60 in EVERY other category including fine motor! But she is still trying to roll over so crawling, standing or walking re out of the question. I have been having a lot of emotions and thoughts on all of this but I am not sure how to get the floating thoughts into words just yet. At this point she has been referred to California's early intervention program and they matched us with a physical therapist that then referred us to a pediatric physical therapist. She goes on Monday (March 5) for her initial appointment. Once a PT looks at her and can give us a direction I will feel better if for no other reason than having a jumping off point.So if you have it in you, a prayer would be greatly appreciated. I went through a lot to get this PT and to get her approved so I know that God has this.
Celebrating her birthday early with my dad"s family
This is me at 9 months or around there:

No comments: