Hey C, Where are we going?....To GA!!!!!!!!
Charlotte hates the extra strap for the stroller even more than she hates the stroller!
We drove ourselves to the airport, but we needed the car to stay at the hotel so....we checked in our luggage and Clayton and Jason rushed the car back to the hotel while the baby and I waited, then they took the shuttle back to the airport and we all cleared security together. Funny story...as we were clearing we told Clayton to take his shoes off and we turned around to take ours off and put our tons of stuff on the little belt, Jason hears "do I have to take my underwear off too?". Clayton had taken his pants off! Everyone was laughing at us : ) Security was not as bad as had expected with all of our crap! But our bags did get flagged for further inspection becuase of our wipes, DVD player but the sipy cup of juice, formula (unopened) made it through just fine...weird!
Once we cleared security we had to find some breakfast ASAP! Once we found breakfast and got settled in for the wait to board. We actually got through security super early and had AWHILE to wait. Clayton decided to take a nap.
I have to say Southwest is a great airline. It was first time flying them since they don't fly into ATL. We decided to fly into Jacksonville, FL in order to start our trip in South GA. They flight attendent was great and very helpful with the kids...offering multiple snacks and drinks and checking on us several times. We sat in the very back row to be closer to the bathroom but the best part of being back there was listening into the attendents conversations :) The kids was awesome and I could not have been happier with them.
Once we got to JAX we met up with J's stepdad and he droves us the long 3 hour drive back to Sylvester. The kids and I slept the whole way back to recouperate from the flight. J's grandparents and some family were at J's moms when we got there. Several of them were meeting Charlotte for the first time so that was nice. We swam and ate and talked and went to bed early.
Before we got there I had some stuff shipped ahead from diapers. com. One thing I bought was the Kidpod tent and I could not wait to try it out on Charlotte. The plan was for her to sleep in it the whole time we were in GA but we ended up having a little crib in SOWEGA and pack n play in N.GA. Clayton slept with some one random every night!
Day 2 was tiring but fun to get the trip started!
No comments:
Post a Comment