Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm 25!

Last Thursday I turned 25! I wish I could say it was a fatastic birthday but I can say it was one I will never forget. 

First off as you all know we are still not in our house but there is a house update coming! But for story sake we had moved to temporary housing on my birthday. They told us we could move in Tuesday night but we had already paid for the hotel so why not stay there? Then Wednesday afternoon, after the cut off to check out, we got the first chance to move some stuff over but decided to spend the night in the hotel again...thank goodness because the dreaded stomach virus struck Clayton that night and struck him hard. The poor kid was sooo sick and the only thing that made it ok was the endless supply of hotel sheets and towels (don't think about it, I was totally grosses about how many other people had been through this in the same room!). 

Thursday morning came and he still had a fever so we kept him out of school and moved the rest of our stuff over to the temp room. At this point I was over my birthday, I was trying to get in the celebrating spirit but I was struggling! So my wonderful husband went to Dairy Queen here on post and bought me an amazing cake with chocolate ice cream and brownie pieces and caramel...YUMMY! I forgot to take pictures :( 

The great thing about living on the other side of the country for my birthday is that I am still getting presents in the mail almost a week later! Thanks everyone.

Friday we planned to celebrate for real by going to dinner and shopping. But after we spent like 5 hours in the Verizon store getting our new phones the time disapeared..remember it is an hour drive to get to a store so we have to start our day early and end early in order to get Clayton home on time. Anyway...the restaurant I wanted to go to was in the ghetto but highly recommended and we didn't want to go over there in the dark! So we have not made it there yet! But Jason is off this weekend so hopefully we can finish my birthday weekend.

Friday night after we got home I started feeling bad and by Saturday night our whole family had the stomach virus...it was horrible and I won't go into details but it was AWFUL and poor Clayton was basically taking care of himself!

But I did buy some cute clothes and Clayton got some cut stuff too on our trip and hopefully I will have more to post after this weekend.

This is my new Jukebox to use with my Cricut. Jason ordered for me. I love it!
Clayton looking handsome, waiting for us to leave!












Oh I also got some bread tubes from Pampered Chef and I am so excited to try the out, Thanks again for a great suggestion Em!

1 comment:

Emily said...

wow crazy birthday!!! love the cute little yellow shirt and green shorts!!!! i adore cool colors instead of the plain boy choices of khaki jeans or navy haha!