I can't believe we have less than 40 days until this crazy year is over and less than 50 days until the big move up north. In the words of a fellow Army wife, "the Army is often times a catch 22". I am as excited to get on the road to our new adventure as I am sad and anxious to leave our current home, mostly because it also happens to actually be my real home.
When I moved home I thought I would get some awesome family time in but I didn't expect to find the support system in friends that I met since moving here in January. I thought I might reconnect with old friends but the truth is I met some amazing people that will never know how they truly helped me and the kids get through our time here. And the best part is I will have the opportunity to see them again.
Every time we leave a duty station we all hug and say "see you later" or "it's a small Army, we'll be together again". And in some cases that has happened and thanks to technology we are able to follow each other around the world. But here in GA the people I have met may actually still be here when I come back to visit my parents. Clayton says all the time that he misses CA but what he misses is the people and I am always saying that I miss Fort Hood because in my memories my best friends are there, in reality non of them are there, we are scattered all over the world. But these friends will be here in GA where we remember them and here to welcome us when we visit.
The fast friends I make through the Army are great and I make them fast because I never really know how long I will be with those friends. Here is GA I made friends fast because that's my routine in a new place, but I should have given a warning. My Army friends are sad when we move on but we knew it was coming from the first hello. Here I made an inner circle and now I have to say goodbye and I feel guilty that they were not prepared for what it meant to have relationships with Army nomads.
I have been marking days on the countdown since the day his boots hit ground over there and the number is getting smaller and smaller, which also means I am getting closer and closer to saying goodbye to my life in GA. So while I want to watch the calendar and mark the days because I am SO over not having my husband, I need to be taking every opportunity to spend time with my friends and family. The Army Catch 22.
No comments:
Post a Comment