Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Which goal is our's again?

This "deployment" is going by at a snails pace and I am dragging right along with it. I am so used to being the busy commanders wife and on every board I could get myself on, that small town/civilian life was killing me...so I filled up the calendar!
 
The Y is like our second home and I love the staff and families there so I was super excited that Clayton wanted to play soccer there. He played on a really cute little team and had a blast! He loved the coach and made fast friends with his teammates.
Coach Mike and team Thunder
 
End of game high fives-all just friends in the end
 
The Y really pushes that at this age it is all about having fun and learning the skills of the sport along with listening and team building skills. There wasn't a goalie and they didn't keep score and while I don't always like that mentality in life it was ok for this league.
 



I will be the first to say I'm not planning college applications based on a soccer scholarship! Clayton "played" more than he played soccer but he enjoyed the team and learning and can't wait to move on to a new sport.

Sissy was at every game cheering on the "kids" with her Thunder shirt.
 
End of the year party- Getting his first trophy ever!!

Having pizza with his "girl" friend Ava. They go to school together too and are super cute together :)
 
Next up is basketball season. While Clayton may be in the 5th percentile in height he is going to rock that court...maybe

No comments: