Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Home sweet home


We are finally settled in at our new home (my old home) in Auburn GA! I truly love being back in the South and being back in the land of all things familiar. The best part is having my own home to come to at night and to retreat to when I don't want company or just need my space. I love my family but it has been tough at times to visit for extended periods and feeling like we are living out of suitcases and just not able to be free and messy and on our schedule.

It is SUCH an adjustment being out in the civilian world though. I overheard a conversation at dinner tonight that included "USAA" and "Iraq" and other key phrases that pop up in the Army- I asked Jason if I should ask them if we could be friends. Weird?

I love the new house and the space and the country, including the obnoxious rooster and train that alternate every 30 minutes! The gun fire is kind of soothing. 6 years of on post living has me trained to find helicopters and artillery soothing.

So backing it up a little- when you are PCSing (moving from) Ft Irwin it is tradition to "kiss the Coyote" this is supposed to ensure that you never return! I joked that after 3 years there I was going to make out with that coyote but when the time came to even give a peck I felt silly :)



I feel like I look chubby in the picture but I swear I was wearing 19 layers-it was freezing and I had dressed in layers in prep for our non stop 2.5 day drive from CA to GA!

We have been cramming tons of fun family stuff in since we moved in. I need the kids to feel at home here once Jason leaves. So to start it off we bought a pet...Meet Wii
His main purpose is to act as a night light in the kids room!

Checking out the local parks

And the kids have learned a new way to take out the trash...no I am not saying Charlotte is trash but this is the only picture I have of the process...remove Charlotte add trash bag. The drive way is really long, don't judge!
 
And I opened my new food processor and decided to tryout homemade peanut butter...add peanuts, turn on processor and process. That's it!

 
I questioned my decision to move back home but I know with my whole heart that this is where I am supposed to be right now!
 

No comments: