Saturday, August 25, 2012

Coconuts and piggy backs

This past weekend was pretty laid back. We hung out at home, steamed cleaned carpets, started a new small group bible study and explored coconuts.

Do your children watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates? They are always talking about coconuts so C wanted to see one and taste one and play 20 questions about one. We only had the bagged kind in the fridge but I let him have a little taste.
When I did my weekly shopping they had the coconuts marked down so I brought one home for C. I don't want him to be one of those children that think milk originates from a jug or whatever, I want him to see where our foods originally comes from.
 

Well this "easy open" coconut was not so easy to open!
J trying to figure out the process of opening this thing!
 C was waiting patiently
 Step one: drain the milk by puncturing the "eye"
 Step two: Drain the milk
Step three: Break open at crease...this is where J quit...until he decided to "go all monkey" on the coconut and took it outside to brake it open on the side walk. I missed this part because J grabbed to coconut and went outside before I had a chance to grab the camera...men!
 
Do you have those moments when your family is doing something and you know it will make a good blog entry or a good scrapbook page?
I was sitting at the computer which is in the dinning room (don't get me started on how much I can't wait to move to a bigger house!) and J comes through with this...
 
 
Apparently this is how an older brother gives his younger sister a piggy back ride when he isn't much bigger than her (there is only a 9 lb difference in them). They ran around and laughed for a good ten minutes!
 
O-M-G I love my little family!

No comments: