First of all as I say every week how did my baby turn 11 weeks already! Second I am combining 10 and 11 because we were only home 1 day out of those 2 weeks and I have 17 blogs waiting to be written covering our trip!!
I could sum up the past 2 weeks with "so much fun" and "complete loss of anything scheduled and Babywise and routine" and "this week is back to business...as soon as I recover from vacay!"
Babywise: 100% my fault but every one's schedule was completely messed up while we were gone. In general I guess things stayed the same...eating, napping and bed time were roughly the same but there was WAY more flexibility than normal.
Sleeping: She slept in her own "bed" (a crib in S.GA and pack n play in N.GA) But overall she slept through the night. Naps were rough and I'm not sure how long she slept for each one.
Wake time: Filled with new faces and new places! She was so into seeing so many different things and stayed pretty occupied.
Growth: At her 2 month well baby visit she weighed 10.11 and was 22 inches long. I can tell a big difference in her growth! Her cheeks and thighs are getting so chubby : ) and her newborn onsies are too small and her new born outfits are almost there :(
Eating: We tested out some formula while we were at home and as much as I hate to say it she loved it and was so happy after the formula bottles and not nearly as gassy! This doesn't mean I am giving up breastfeeding and at this point I am still putting on the boob every 3 hours but there are times she is getting formula and I'm not totally against it anymore. The extra formula is decreasing my milk supply I think but it could also be working out, wearing more sports bras, not drinking enough, not getting enough calories....etc
Diaper Duty: Has picked up a lot since last update. It may not be everyday but it is at least every 2 now. The gas is as usual...often and smelly! We are still using Mylecon and Gripe Water and when we do bottle feed we use the Playtex drop ins or Playtex Ventaire
2 month Well Baby: She received her 2 month shots and got a full look over by the doctor who said she looked great. She is growing well and meeting all of her milestones. I was a little concerned that she doesn't lift her head when she is on her tummy as much as I thought she should but he said that was normal and to keep up the tummy time. She was diagnosed with pretty bad eczema and was given a cream to put on at least once a day. The air here is so dry and that is not helping at all! She did have to take Tylenol for the first for a slight fever from the shots but otherwise handled them well.
YBFYWBW:
-she has excellent control of her head when held and when sitting with assistance
-kicks and swings arms all the time
-swings arms to reach objects
-she will hold her chest and head up while on her tummy but only for a few seconds
-when picked up she pulls her body in compactly
-she will bring her hands together
-follows slow objects with her eyes
-explores her own face with her hands
-stops sucking to look around and listen
-makes some noises but is usually a silent smiler
-she will mimic my facial expressions
-she will let me know when she is bored of a person or an activity
-she loves hanging toys that jingle or rattle when she moves them and really likes the rattles that go on her arm and leg
-she loves her baby bouncer now and when she is super fussy due to being tired I can lay her in the bouncy and she is right out!
-she is learning to control her cries and will stop them if distracted
-she can sit propped against the bobby or a pillow
-she will turn her head looking for sounds
-she has not gotten up on her elbows during tummy time yet
-she can hold a toy and wave it
-she is beginning to show favoritism for me over others
-she will allow you to capture her attention and will hold eye contact
Clayton: Loved being in GA was not excited about coming back! He has asked me everyday if we can go back :( He took a week off of camp to get readjusted and will start back next week.
Playing in the bounce houses
Taking a much needed break
indoor playground at the mall
He loved Kayla!
Blowing bubbles with Aunt Karen (Doobee)
Cousin Blair
Cousin Jessica
Playing with new toys
silly faces
Reading with Nana
Me: I love vacation but I will be glad when everything is back in place. I restarted Weight Watchers and start the Firm Express...after day 1 I Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment