Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Long day yesterday

Normally I don't write about random things but yesterday was just one of those days...and maybe this is my testament to myself that those days can come and go and I will make it through! 

Clayton is back in pre toddler/toddler preschool and yesterday was his 2nd day (I think I have a blog about the first day coming sometime). Bless his heart he didn't want to go AT ALL! 

Sometime in the middle of the night he work up crying asking for water and to be rocked. And so the night continued this way. At some point we realized that he felt hot...it turned out to be a 101-102 fever.  

He woke up at 4 and stayed awake talking/crying/trying to get me to play until 7. he has to get up at 7:20 for school so when I woke him up 20 minutes after he fell asleep HE WAS A BEAR!!

We had a quick breakfast and headed to school. He cried the whole way there begging for anyone to come get him :( Once we got to school he seemed fine until I put his back in his cubby at which point he freaked out! 

They had to pry him off of my leg while he screamed "Please come back mommy...don't go bye bye"

I usually am pretty good with his separation crying because I know he will be fine but yesterday was really hard. I cried the whole way home and prayed that he was dong better than me and that he would have a good day. Turns out he was fine before I even got to my car.

So the day went on like normal until he woke up from his nap at3 with another fever (102ish). I gave him Tylenol and he went back to sleep...not like him AT ALL! When he woke up later the fever had gone up to 104 so we decided to give Motrin and watch him. 

He layed down in my lap and was so hot I knew he was not cooling down...temp them was 105...ER here we come!

Of course when we got there is was 100 but they treated him like he was sick instead of like we were lying (always my fear when that happens). He was diagnosed with Pharyngitis and sent home with a crazy dosage of meds and instructions to sleep and drink as much as he wanted.

By the time I finally went to sleep I was emotionally and physically exhausted but today he has been fine and we are back on schedule....but geez what a crazy day

No comments: