When I left off I said we were headed to the housing office in hopes of good news. Our hopes were quickly destroyed. We were told that we could be placed on the temporary housing list but that we would probably be placed in a house before we could get a spot at the temp housing. So needless to say I was very discouraged. I really don't mind living in the hotel, we are centrally located near everything we need...the commissary, PX, Clayton's school and a nice little walking track and were really not that far from anything else. I think we were told you could get ANYWHERE on post in 45 minutes walk. Since we only have 1 car right now it helps to be near stuff that Clayton and I can walk to. But the downside to living in the hotel is the cost. It cost $ 76 a day which added up is about $600 more than our BAH (basic allowance for housing). The temp housing would just be our BAH meaning nothing would come out of pocket plus they have a full size kitchen so no more eating at one of the 5 fast food here or microwave food. On a good note I am actually losing weight because I am only eating to survive not because I want to!
Back to the week though. After we left housing feeling very discouraged I threw myself a pitty party, had my 24 hours of crying and freaking out and then turned it over to God...God did not let me down!
Wednesday, I attended a MOPS meeting at the chapel...I loved it! But while I was there Jason called me 3 times back to back. I was nervous something was wrong so I texted him back and he respond with we got a housing offer but would tell me the details when we both got home. Well...we did get a housing offer and we accepted it (duh!) but someone is actually living in it right now! So we can move in on the 11th of March.
The issue now is that our reservations end at that hotel on the 8th and we have nowhere to go until the 11th. So please pray that something opens up for us and that we don't have to move to Barstow or Yermo for 3 days! Things are taking an upward turn but man will it be nice when things are settled and we can get our things.
3 comments:
wow you are such a good woman! i'd be FREAKING out SO bad with the whole housing situation!!! i'll keep you in my prayers :)
Can't you just extend your hotel reservations for those 3 days??? I know here (granted things are very different here!) that you have 30 days for hotel reservations to find a house, once a house is found you have an additional allowance of days until you can move in and HHG can be delivered.
No we can't extend any longer. They gave us 3 extra days beyond our month reservation and that was pushing the limit. They are over booked by 22 rooms on those 3 days we need. We are now on to hoping that they can get our house cleaned earlier than they originally said. The good side is that the hotel the housing office suggested in Yermo is $20 cheaper a day than where we are...
Post a Comment